What if “waste” were a thing of the past? Companies are finding clever ways to convert their waste streams into resources. Upcycling waste to new products. Recycling garbage so it doesn’t end up in landfills. Our panel will explore opportunities and challenges of getting cash for trash and tell us how doing good for the environment is also good business. It is a dirty tale, with a clean outcome.
• Colin Beavan, PhD, Executive Director, No Impact Project; international spokesperson on the environment;
and author of book and subject of film titled No Impact Man. Colin will sign his book at the reception.
• Albe Zakes, Global VP, Media Relations, TerraCycle, Inc.
• Ian Yolles, Chief Sustainability Officer, Recyclebank
• Justin Green, Founder and Director, Build it Green! NYC
• Resa Dimino, Consultant, recycling and sustainable materials management planning and policy
EXCLUSIVE RECEPTION EXTRAS
• Playback Clothing, Build It Green! NYC, Hipcycle, The 4th Bin, IceStone, NYCompost, Wearable Collections
• Experienced executive coaches for valuable ideas and advice, featuring Bill Belknap and Ivy Slater
• e-Waste recycling: Bring small surplus electronics and The 4th Bin will collect and responsibly reycle laptops, cell
phones, PDAs, printers, cartridges, pagers, digital cameras, cables, peripherals, household batteries, MP3 Players
$25 CBSACNY, MCC Members & Students; $40 non-members; $60 at the door
Register Now www.cbsacny.org/article.html?aid=1128
This is the third Event of a Six-Part Series on Sustainable Business Last chance to earn a Certificate! Attend four out of six MAKING GREEN FROM GREEN events through June 2012 and earn a Certificate. Future topics include The Sharing Economy (April 24), Transportation (May 17), and Green and the 2012 Election (June 12). For more information, email@example.com or cbsacny.org. NON-MEMBERS and WALK-INS WELCOME (photo ID required)